Tutoriel : activer DirectStorage sur Windows 11
DirectStorage is a new feature in Windows 11 that can significantly improve loading times and performance of games. DirectStorage uses the Direct3D 12 API to allow games to access storage devices directly, bypassing the CPU. This results in faster load times, improved performance and more detailed graphics.
To enable DirectStorage on Windows 11, you must meet the following requirements:
- A compatible PC: To use DirectStorage, you must have a PC that meets the following criteria:
- a 64-bit processor with two or more cores
- 16GB of RAM
- An NVMe PCIe Gen 4 SSD with at least 16GB of storage
- A graphics card that supports DirectX 12 Ultimate
- A compatible game: DirectStorage is only supported in games that have been specifically designed to use it. At the time of writing, there are a limited number of games that support DirectStorage, but more games should be added in the future.
Once you have met the requirements, you can enable DirectStorage in Windows 11 by following these steps:
- Open the Start menu and search for « Windows Features ».
- Click on « Windows Features » to open the Windows Features dialog box.
- Scroll down and find the « DirectStorage » option.
- Check the box next to « DirectStorage » to enable it.
- Click « OK » to close the Windows Features dialog box.
Once you have enabled DirectStorage, you must restart your PC for the changes to take effect. After restarting your PC, you can start playing games that support DirectStorage and enjoy faster loading times and better performance.
Here are some additional benefits of using DirectStorage:
Faster loading times: DirectStorage can significantly reduce the loading times of games. This is because DirectStorage allows games to access storage devices directly, without going through the CPU.
- Better performance: DirectStorage can also improve the performance of games. This is because DirectStorage allows games to load resources faster, which can result in better refresh rates and smoother gameplay.
- More detailed graphics: DirectStorage can also allow games to use more detailed graphics. This is because DirectStorage allows games to load resources faster, freeing up the CPU for other tasks, such as rendering graphics.
If you have a compatible PC and a compatible game, I highly recommend enabling DirectStorage. It can significantly improve loading times, performance and graphics of games.